Monday, March 12, 2012

Contest: Win Tickets to Leap of Faith

Update: The contest is now closed. The winners were picked at random from all the entries. Congratulations Touchofgr3y and hugsy2k! Thanks to everyone who entered. If you didn't win, check back here on Monday for a contest for tickets to another awesome Broadway show.

It's been about 5 years since Raul Esparza last did a musical on Broadway and that's too long. But starting on April 3, he'll be singing and dancing and wearing a disco-ball jacket in Leap of Faith at the St. James Theatre 8 times a week. The show has been reworked since I saw it in Los Angeles, but I'm sure Esparza's performance will be just as mind-blowing. And he hasn't looked this good in years (check out the video below).

I have TWO pairs of tickets to the show to give away. Composer Alan Menken will be represented on Broadway with three musicals this spring--Leap of Faith, Sister Act, and Newsies. To be entered to win tickets, tell me in the comments your favorite Alan Menken score (doesn't have to be one of those three). I'd probably have to go with one of the movies that defined my childhood, The Little Mermaid (let's forget about the unfortunate stage version). For an extra entry, tweet about the contest or retweet one of my tweets about it. (Only one tweet or retweet will count for an extra entry.) You must be following on Twitter to win. One winner will be chosen at random on Friday, March 16 at 5:30 p.m. Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

And here's a discount code to save up to 40% (valid for performances April 3 – May 13)

Tues, Wed, Thurs Performances:
$79 (regularly $122/$132) Orch/Front Mezz Rows A-P

Fri, Sat, Sun Performances
$89 (regularly $137) Orch/Front Mezz Rows A – P

Call 212-974-8844 and use code LFFNF301

Online visit BroadwayOffers.com and use code LFFNF301

Visit the St. James Theatre box office (246 W. 44th street) and mention code LFFNF301

27 comments:

Tyler Martins said...

The Little Mermaid, obviously!

Touchofgr3y said...

Little Shop of Horrors! I used to rent the film version every week when we went to the video store (why my parents never just bought it for me, I'll never know).

Twitter: @touchofgr3y

Bettie said...

I have to go with Pocahontas, because it made me so happy, although Little Mermaid owns my heart. Leap of Faith will soar over Broadway!
@bettielaven

Anonymous said...

Beauty and the Beast.
Twitter @humbugfoto

Brad Buchholtz said...

I don't wanna be too trendy, but Newsies has such an up-tempo beat and gets you excited...so I'm giving the edge to that.

Brad Buchholtz said...

I forgot my twitter...

@bbwithpickles

Sarah P. said...

Oooh, this a tough one...I especially love Mermaid and Sister Act, but I might actually go with Newsies!! The songs are such classic anthems and make me nostalgic for that time in my teens when the movie came out...I saw the stage musical at Paper Mill and LOVED it! :)

Twitter: @ladystardust25

Sarah P. said...

Also, I retweeted for an extra entry (@ladystardust25). Thanks!

Kristen said...

The Little Mermaid film has the best music. it never gets old! @gubbabump

Kristin said...

Beauty and the Beast - One of my most favorite movies and also my first Broadway show!

Kristin said...

Sorry...I forgot my twitter handle! @itsKristinD

Carli N. Wendell said...

Little Shop.

Carli N. Wendell said...

Twitter handle @Carlient

Alesandra said...

For me, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Beauty And The Beast. I can't pick just one. Those 3 movies were my favorite as a kid. I was obsessed with them- especially the music. My parents bought me the soundtracks to the movies and I played them nonstop. I may be in my 20s now, but I will still watch those movies occasionally and I still know every line and every song. :)

I'll be retweeting about your contest @alesandrak

JSWP said...

I'll go with The Shaggy Dog

@gerryinwp

JSWP said...

@gerryinwp follows you on twitter and has retweeded yours and tweeted this one https://twitter.com/#!/GerryinWP/status/179326805931606016

RJ Teer said...

It's a Tie...I think...oh I can't decide. One is my grown up favorite - Little Shop of Horrors, especially "Somewhere That's Green" but...I'd be lying and pretending I was more sophisticated than I am if I didn't admit to LOVING Little Mermaid's music. OK, now I'm gonna be singing Under the Sea all night...and you know what? Totally worth getting that song stuck in my head!

stagemaven said...

It is without a doubt The Little Mermaid, my all time favorite Disney movie. Part of your World was my favorite song for the longest time. I like doing Poor Unfortunate Souls at karaoke :)

@stagemaven

Matt said...

I'm old school, so definitely LITTLE SHOP - @hitormiss

Anonymous said...

Will have to go with The Little Mermaid, too.

Twitter: hugsy2k

Andy G. said...

I really do love the score to Hercules. I can go the distance! @andytgerm

Vance said...

Aladdin if my fave! But The Little Mermaid is prob. "Best". Or Beauty and the Beast.

Clint said...

Yeah, I love Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. But the score to The Hunchback of Notre Dame is breathtaking. I think its a masterpiece.
@CJEscandell

James Sims said...

Definitely Beauty and the Beast.

@simsjames

Michelle said...

The Little Mermaid:)

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robb J said...

Little Shop. OF the shows I did in HS, this was my favorite.

@ movidude74