Monday, April 23, 2012

Contest: Win Tickets to Seminar

Update: The contest is now closed. Thanks so much to everybody who entered! The winners were picked at random from all the entries. Congratulations Max Schwager, Shoshana, and Katie!

Theresa Rebeck's comedy Seminar now stars Jeff Goldblum (Pillow Man, Jurassic Park, Independence Day) as author Leonard, the teacher of a private writing seminar to four students played by Justin Long (He's Just Not That Into You, Going the Distance), Zoe Lister-Jones (Whitney, The Little Dog Laughed), Jerry O’Connell (Jerry Maguire, Stand By Me), and Hettienne Park (Tony Kushner’s The Intelligent Homosexual's Guide).

I am excited to give away three pairs of tickets to the play. To be entered to win, answer this question in the comments: If you could take a writing seminar taught by any author, who would it be? For an extra entry, tweet about the contest or retweet one of my tweets about it. (Only one tweet or retweet will count for an extra entry.) You must be following on Twitter to win. Three winners will be chosen at random on Thursday, April 26 at 6:00 p.m. Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

Discount valid for performances through May 27:

Monday through Thursday Evening, Wednesday Matinee and Sunday Matinee
$84.50 ORCH/FRONT MEZZ (Reg. $116.50-$121.50)
$69 REAR MEZZ (A-F) (Reg. $76.50 -$81.50)

To order tickets visit BroadwayOffers.com or call 212.947.8844 and use code SEFNF316

14 comments:

Sarah P. said...

I would take a writing seminar from Anne Rice, because not only is she one of my favorite novelists, she also seems like a fascinating person!

Twitter: @ladystardust25 (By the way, I just went to retweet about the contest, only to see you haven't tweeted about it yet, lol!)

2SD (Two Show Days) said...

I'd take a writing seminar from Sarah Vowell because her books have the perfect combination of geekery, dark humor, and insight. And even if my own writing didn't improve, I bet she'd be hilarious the whole time.

@twoshowdays

Tyler Martins said...

I'd take a seminar from Tennessee Williams. Even his stage directions are beautiful and so insightful to read!!

@mrtylermartins

Ali said...

I'd take a seminar from Francine Pascal, the creator of the Sweet Valley series. I'm not even joking. Because oh my god, I loved those books, and I'd love to hear more from the brain that spurned them.

@judgementali

Amanda S. said...

Michael Cunningham. Not only my favorite author but also the most emotionally intelligent person on Earth. He is a deity and the few times I have been in his presence have been religious experiences.

@Scamandalous

Katie said...

I would love to take a seminar from Roald Dahl, I want to know how he came up with such magical stories such as Matilda. I can map my childhood in his books that I read, so great. @ktflood.

mB said...

I would take a writing seminar from Ian McEwan. I want to know how he writes those crisp, lean sentences of his.

@atweetnextdoor

Carli N. Wendell said...

Suzanne Collins, because I am re-reading the Hunger Games now and dang they are good.

Carli N. Wendell said...

Extra entry for Tweeting, please

Unknown said...

I would take one with Tom Stoppard. I know he doesn't write novels, but his writing is truly inspired and thought-provoking and brilliant.

Shoshana said...

I know its cliche but probably JK Rowling. I consider the Harry Potter series to be pretty much perfect books in every way.

@famousinny

Jerry S said...

Well, this is hypothetical and I know I won't be able to actually take a seminar from JD.
Last night, I saw "An Early History of Fire" , so all I can think of today is "The Catcher in the Rye". So beam me up with a writing seminar by JD Salinger.
JS48@verizon.net

muusic said...

Nicholas Sparks - because he seems to have mastered the concept of variations on a theme

Jerry S said...

I retweeted your tweet today(Thursday)
@gerryinwp