Monday, January 28, 2013

Contest: Win Tickets To All The Rage

Update: The contest is now closed. The winner was picked at random. Congratulations @rebeccamfeldman!

Last night, I had the pleasure of seeing Martin Moran's new one-man show All The Rage. If you've seen his Obie-winning The Tricky Part, also directed by Seth Barrish, you know that Moran has a casual approach that makes you feel like you're sitting in his living room. That play was about being sexually abused by a camp counselor. This play is not exactly a sequel, but it does explore a question he was frequently asked after The Tricky Part--where was his anger?

Photo credit: Joan Marcus
I am giving away a pair of tickets to All The Rage. I have been a fan of Moran since seeing him in the first show I ever saw on Broadway, Titanic. In order to win, leave a comment on this post telling me your first Broadway show. For an extra entry, tweet about the contest or retweet one of my tweets about it. A winner will be chosen at random from all the entries on Wednesday, January 30 at 6:00 p.m. Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

If you don't win and you still want to see the show, I encourage you to attend on February 6 or February 17, which will benefit the Refugee & Immigrant Fund (a large part of the show is about Moran's decision to become a translator for asylum seekers).

4 comments:

Carli N. Wendell said...

My first Broadway show was either Annie or Peter Pan. I was about 4 for each.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear good things about this show! I'm in the middle of his book right now. :)

My first Broadway show was either Forum with David Alan Grier as Pseudolus or the OBC of Rent. I saw them a day apart on my first trip to NY and can't remember which one came first.

@rebeccamfeldman

Manashi Mukherjee said...

First B'way show was Cabaret starring Raul Esparza! Extra bonus answer - first West End show was Miss Saigon. :)

franklinshepard said...

The first show I ever saw on Broadway was Gypsy with Bernadette - shamefully late, I know! @franklinshepard