Monday, September 25, 2006

I Have to Care about the Internet...

On Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, one of the actors from the sketch show was reading a blog. The blogger said negative things about the show. Another actor asked why the first actor would even read that. He said that nobody cares what the blogger has to say. The first actor said that the next day the New York Times would quote the blogger to show that it is not an elitist paper. He then said, "I have to care about the internet because everybody else does."

Sorry I couldn't do a better job of describing that scene. I don't know the names of any of the characters. I like that scene for two reasons. One, it explains why I blog and why I try to read other blogs and online publications, even though I fought it for a long time. Two, I think the show does a good job of addressing the way media is changing. You probably couldn't tell in my description, but it was a pretty funny scene as well.

Studio 60 is a pretty astute show and a lot funnier than SNL, and I have to get back to it because commercials are over.

No comments: