Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Torrance, the home of... teenage gambling?

When I tell people I'm from Torrance, I always preface it by saying I'm from a suburb of L.A. It's not that it's a very small town, but I never expect anybody to have heard of it. So I was surprised to see an article about Torrance in Time Magazine. Well, it wasn't about Torrance, it was about parents who let their children play poker.

I wasn't aware that this was a trend in Torrance or anywhere else and I wonder why the author went to Torrance to write this. I don't have much to say about it, I just thought it was interesting.

2 comments:

Manashi Mukherjee said...

Isn't Torrance where Scott and Laci Peterson lived? I remember it being in the news quite a bit a few years ago. Although I may be confusing it with the Gary condit stuff... We booked satellite trucks for something over a long period of time in Torrance, so I had definitely heard of it and recognized it when I met you.

Linda said...

I don't think Scott and Laci Peterson are from Torrance, but Michelle Kwan is.