Monday, September 12, 2011

Contest: Win Tickets to Relatively Speaking

Update: The contest is now closed. The winners were picked using a random number generator and have been contacted. Congrats Kristen and Vance and thank you to everybody who entered.

One silver lining to the end of summer is the start of the new Broadway season. Relatively Speaking, an evening of one-act plays by Woody Allen, Ethan Coen, and Elaine May, starts previews on September 20. Each play represents a different branch of the family tree. Coen's Talking Cure deals with the insanity that comes from family. May's George is Dead explores the "hilarity of death." And Allen's Honeymoon Motel takes place on a wedding day. The cast of 15 includes Julie Kavner, Steve Guttenberg, Mark Linn-Baker, and Marlo Thomas.

I'm a Woody Allen fan, so I'm most looking forward to Honeymoon Motel. And I love Rhoda, so I'm also excited to see Kavner aka Brenda Morgenstern onstage. To be entered to win tickets, let me know in the comments which of the one-acts you are most looking forward to and why. I will pick TWO winners at random (each winner will receive a pair of tickets) on Friday, September 16 at 5 p.m. Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

If you don't win, you can save up to 40% with this discount offer:
Offer valid on all performances September 20 – November 6 when you order by October 20, 2011

Tickets starting at $45 and Orchestra/Front Mezz from $74 -$79

Visit: Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/Relatively-Speaking-tickets/artist/1617884) and use code RSTELE
Bring this offer to the Brooks Atkinson Theatre box office, 256 W. 47th Street (between Broadway and 8th ave)

Call 877-250-2929 and mention code RSTELE

Restrictions:
Offer subject to availability and prior sale. Offer valid for select locations only. Applicable only to specified performance dates and times. Not valid on previously purchased tickets and may not be combined with other offers. All sales final; no refunds or exchanges. Telephone/internet orders subject to standard Ticketmaster.com service fees. All prices include a $2.00 facility fee. Offer may be revoked at any time. Seat restrictions and other blackout dates may apply. When purchasing at the box office, present offer prior to ticket inquiry. Expires 10/20/11.

13 comments:

Vance said...

All seem interesting but yah, I'm probably most looking forward to Woody Allen's Honeymoon Hotel

Kristen said...

I'm excited for all, but definitely most interested in Honeymoon Hotel because I really enjoy Woody Allen's work. Should be very funny. my twitter is @gubbabump

thanks!

Carli N. Wendell said...

Most interested in Woody
Allen's play, because I'm a big fan of his work.
wendellent@gmail.com

doenahld said...

I'm most excited about "George is Dead" b/c I think Elaine May is a great talent who sorta got the short end of the stick.

Unknown said...

I'm really thinking Woody Allen is going to win out here. Is it cause we're NYers? Or are we all just that neurotic? He's my pick as well. But then again, all three of these directed by J.T.? How can you lose.

@astrvngsartist

Rob B said...

I'm looking most forward to Honeymoon Hotel. Woody Allen is a genius!

rbodnar68@yahoo.com

Lisa B said...

I'm so excited for "George is Dead" because I'm a huge fan of Elaine May.

kgirl719@yahoo.com

Robbie said...

I wish I could choose all three, haha! If I must choose, it has to be Honeymoon Hotel. I really hope I get to see this show.

My email is: jetsplayer608@aol.com

Erin O'Brien said...

Talking Cure sounds the most interesting to me - who doesn't love other people's insane family stories? I'm sure the whole show will be great, though!

@O_Erin

Unknown said...

I'm a huge Woody Allen fan and I'm interested to see if the one act is still his classical style. It'd be very different on stage from in the movies. Honeymoon Motel better meets some expectations.

Anonymous said...

Elaine May, say the name, and I smile at all the great memories. From when she worked with Mike Nichols, those early years at Univ of Chicago, to her albums ("My son, 'da nurse"), to her films. The woman is gifted. George is Dead, already makes me smile. No doubt, I will be laughing 'til it hurts, when I get to see it.
Bettie Laven, NYC
bettie9945@aol.com

Sarah B. Roberts said...

I like Woody Allen films, but I must see Elaine May's "George is Dead." I love her slyness and understated comedy.

Audrey said...

I also love Woody Allen, so I would want to see his play the most. They all sound good, though.
apavey@scholastic.com