Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Theater Awards

I love this time of the year-- theater award season. And this year, I actually got to vote in the first ever Independent Theater Bloggers Association Awards. I'm particularly excited that my fellow bloggers voted reasons to be pretty, which was by far my favorite new play of the season, best Broadway play over God of Carnage.

The complete list of winners:
Best Broadway Play: reasons to be pretty
Best Broadway Musical: Billy Elliot
Best Broadway Revival of a Musical: Hair
Best Broadway Revival of a Play: The Norman Conquests
Best Off-Broadway Musical: Fela!
Best Off-Broadway Play: Ruined
Best Off-Broadway Revival: Our Town
Best Off-Off Broadway Play: Universal Robots
Best Off-Off Broadway Unique Theatrical Experience: Suspicious Package
Citation for Excellence in Off-Off Broadway Theater: Flux Theatre Ensemble

No comments: