Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Be A Broadway Star...In Your Living Room

Last night, Ken Davenport held a game night in his offices for the Be A Broadway Star board game. It was a chance to play the game, meet other theater enthusiasts, and eat pizza.

The game is basically Life meets Monopoly with a Broadway twist. Players start out in acting school and as they move across the board, they audition, join Equity, hire an agent, etc. They may even win a Tony. The object of the game is to have the most fans at the end of the game. You do this by getting "fan cards." The rules are a little complicated, but like most games, you get the hang of it once you start playing. If you love theater and board games (as I do), you will no doubt enjoy this game, but you don't need to have extensive theater knowledge to play. There are some bonuses that require to you to sing from a show and you may have to answer a few trivia questions, but winning the game mostly has to do with luck and fortunately for me, nothing to do with singing talent.

1 comment:

Susan said...

My sister and I play this game ALL the time, and I have to say, it's a ton of fun.

I also have no singing talent, but that doesn't really hinder my experience. This is now my go-to game to bring out at parties, I love it!