Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Contest: Win Tickets to Dead Accounts


Update: The contest is now closed. The winner was picked at random from all the entries. Congratulations Brian! If you didn't win, stay tuned on Monday for the last of this month-long series of contests.

Is it just me or is the world a better place when Norbert Leo Butz is on Broadway? Starting on November 3, he will be starring in Theresa Rebeck's Dead Accounts alongside Katie Holmes, Judy Greer (!!!), Josh Hamilton, and Jayne Houdyshell. Bonus: The play is directed by three-time Tony winner Jack O'Brien (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels). The show is about a family reuniting and a $27 million secret. I've been advised to eat before the show so you don't get hungry watching the actors eat, which they will be doing a lot.

Please note that these tickets are only for performances on November 5, 7 (matinee), 8, 9, or 10 (matinee). Please only enter if you are able to see the show on one of those dates. The show takes place in Cincinnati, so the characters eat Graeter's ice cream, which I'm hoping will be sold in the lobby. To enter to win tickets, comment on this post telling me your favorite ice cream flavor. For an extra entry, tweet about the contest or retweet one of my tweets about it.

You can enter each way once, for a total of two entries. You must be following on Twitter to win. A winner will be chosen at random from all the entries on Friday or Saturday at the latest (not sure about the time because I will be traveling, but I will post the winner here as soon one is chosen). Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

16 comments:

Drew said...

Not necessarily my favorite ice cream flavor overall, but I think it's relevant to say my favorite Graeter's flavor, which is Blueberry Pie.
@dfact1

Zach Solo said...

ANY flavor with brownies! Ben and Jerry's Magic Brownie, or their current Cheesecake Brownie. I love brownies so much you'd think I was a Girl Scout. Which reminds me-- Girl Scout flavored ice cream! Samoas and Thin Mints, oh my...

@SoloZach

Anonymous said...

Ben & Jerry's Clusterfluff, which changed to something else that I've forgotten. Can't go wrong with peanut butter!!!
@Raisins_Liasons

Vance said...

I always end up sticking with Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. @tapeworthy

Elisa S said...

My favourite ice cream flavor is from Lula's Apothecary in the E. Village, Cake Batter. It's non-dairy and delicious!

@corellianjedi2

franklinshepard said...

I really like chocolate peanut butter. @franklinshepard

Emily said...

Anything with chocolate & cherries - with BJ's Cherry Garcia being high up on the list!

Brian said...

I'm all about toppings. Maybe it's boring, but a great vanilla ice cream works with peanut butter, or hot fudge, or strawberries...you can't go wrong.

Randi said...

I have to pick just one! Anything with peanut butter! @randigoblue

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Just had the best ice cream a couple of weeks ago in Paris: praline-flavored chocolate with orange peel. @hitormiss

Ali said...

My favorite flavor is Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia! MMMM!

@judgementali

Sarah P. said...

Ben and Jerry's Phish Food, yum.... :)

Twitter: @ladystardust25

Anonymous said...

My favorite ice cream flavor is strawberry cheesecake.
@mymusicboxes

Tyler Martins said...

Chocolate. Chocolate Chocolate CHOCOLATE.
@mrtylermartins

Anonymous said...

Cookie dough! Or Ben & Jerry's Half Baked.

I too am more excited for Judy Greer than anyone else in this cast. @joshuajezioro