Monday, October 29, 2012

Contest: Win Tickets to Golden Boy



Update: The contest is now closed. The winner was picked at random from all the entries. Congratulations @iamsarahmoore!

Last year I had a contest asking you about theater-related Halloween costumes. Since I enjoyed reading your answers so much and since it's almost Halloween, I'm bringing it back, only this time you can win tickets to the Broadway revival of Golden Boy. The play by Clifford Odets is about a young violinist who chooses to become a professional boxer. It starts previews at the Belasco, where it was first produced, on November 8. I'm looking forward to seeing this cast of 19, especially Danny Burstein (Follies), Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski, and Brad Fleischer (Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo).

In order to win tickets to Golden Boy, leave a comment on this post telling me your best theater-related Halloween costume idea. For an extra entry, tweet about the contest or retweet one of my tweets about it. You must be following on Twitter to win. A winner will be chosen at random from all the entries on Monday, November 5 at 10:30 a.m. Please include your e-mail address or Twitter handle in the comments so I have a way to contact you if you win. Good luck!

9 comments:

Sarah P. said...

Elphaba from Wicked is always a classic, but I kinda like Mormons from BoM, which is easy to do, too...white shirt, black pants, tie, name tag, boom. :)

Twitter: @ladystardust25

Sarah said...

I was Mimi from Rent in high school, and have also been Mary Poppins. So many options

@Imsarahmoore

Vance said...

Newsies! but did I tell you that last year already? How about Wheel of Fortune? With a spinwheel!

Unknown said...

I was Wednesday Adams one year and then I did Morticia last year...I didn't even like Adams Family THAT much but it's so fun to do..

Amanda S. said...

Last year I think I said Mrs. Lovett; this year I think Eva Peron is the most brilliant costume. An Stacee Jaxx for a guy!

Jerry S said...

I'll be the Phantom of the Opera

js48@verizon.net

monica said...

Orphan Annie with dog Sandy from Annie the Musical.

@mymusicboxes

Randi said...

Eponine from Les Miserables

@randigoblue

Brad B said...

I want to come as Norm Lewis's crippled leg from Porgy and Bess. It was amazing how he did it.


@bbwithpickles